With my trip just right around the corner, I thought it would be fun to do a 5 Things post with facts about Disney and me. Together, we are one happy, happy person! My love for Disney started at a young age. In the move, I found a few pics from 1989, my first trip.
- I have celebrated TWO birthdays at Walt Disney World: my 5th birthday (seen above) and my 14th birthday. It has been a goal of mine to go back and have at least one more birthday there. Maybe in a few years....I'll save that trip for when Cal and I can celebrate my birthday AND our anniversary there. (ps- That would mean at least ten GLORIOUS days at the parks, April 15th and April 25th.)
- My favorite park is Magic Kindgom. Call me predictable, call me cliche, but I don't care. That place is the happiest place on Earth and I feel like a kid every time I step onto Main St USA.
- Every time we go, there are several things we must do for ritual's sake. Enjoying Dole Whip, eating a Mickey Pretzel, watching the fireworks at MK and Epcot. Must do's.
- I am in mourning for the Animation Academy (FREE drawing class in Hollywood Studios) and Maelstrom (a ride about trolls and my Scandinavian ancestors). I'm most upset about Maelstrom because they are cramming a silly Frozen ride into the Norway pavilion. If you know how I feel about Frozen, you will know how I feel about this.
- I spot people wearing Happy Birthday buttons and wish them "happy birthday." I can't resist. Maybe it's because I'm obsessed with going there for my birthday, but I think it's nice to celebrate others. I may not know them, and it might startle them a bit sometimes, but they chose to wear the button. They are asking for it! Hahah!
I have a Disney series that will run while I am out of town. I'll be sharing Disney tips and tricks. Also, if you'd like to follow our journey, follow me on Instagram (@sterlingdawn).