This is a funny post. At least, I find it hilarious. Can anyone relate with some crazy sleep-deprived stories? Hahah! I have found myself doing the most bizarre things in the middle of the night. Having an infant who likes to catnap, I don't get many long stretches of sleep.
- I woke up in a panic one night, looking for June in my bed. I was out of town visiting friends and June stayed in the other room with my mom. At 3 am, I woke up and in a fury, tore all the blankets from my bed. I couldn't find June and forgot she wasn't there to begin with. I shook my head and went back to sleep, feeling really stupid.
- Started some strange blog posts that didn't make any sense. This has happened MULTIPLE times. I probably have this really good idea and know if I don't write it down, I'll forget. But instead of a really good idea, it's either something incoherent or a really dumb idea. Don't trust 2 am Sterling.
- Picked up a stuffed animal, thinking it was one of my cats. Hey - it has a long tail! This isn't too crazy!
- I woke up in the middle of the night to what sounded like a train engine driving through our house. I was mostly still asleep, ran to the hallway, and started yelling "THE HEAT! THE HEAT!!" I thought the heat was going out. It had been super cold out and our heat had run nonstop. I turned off the thermostat, but the sound kept on. I remembered my parents old house had an EMERGENCY HEAT button, so I started looking for one of those. (Still not sure what that button did.) I could not find it. By this point, Cal was awake and asking what in the world I was doing. After about 30 seconds of sheer panic, thinking our house would explode, I walked into the kitchen to find the cat fountain upturned and empty, the pump was sucking AIR. That was the sound. Hahaha! I cleaned up the water, filled the fountain, and went back to sleep.
- A small handful of times, I have put June next to Cal in our bed, said, "Don't roll over," and dashed to the spare bedroom. A couple of those times, I don't remember doing it and wondered how I got there when I woke the next morning.
I have certainly been tired like this at other times in my life, but not for this length of time. I could definitely win one of those contests where you stay awake the longest. Somebody find me one that pays and I'll split the money with you!